August 15, 2017
Colorado White Collar Crime and Fraud Attorney
Skilled White Collar Crime and Fraud Defense Attorney in Denver, Colorado
Generally, white collar and fraud crimes involve the alleged intentional deception of another for personal gain or to damage another individual. White collar crimes and fraud crimes are very serious offenses, and most constitute felonies. For that reason, if you are facing such a criminal allegation, it is imperative that you speak with a skilled Denver, Colorado criminal defense attorney today.
There are many types of white collar and fraud crimes, including:
- Forgery in the Second Degree
- Use of a Forged Academic Record
- Possession of a Forged Instrument
- Possession of a Second Degree Forged Instrument
- Possession of Forgery Devices
- Criminal Simulation
- Obtaining Signature by Deception
- Criminal Impersonation
- Offering a False Instrument for Recording
- Fraud by Check
- Purchase by Credit Card to Defraud
- False Financial Statement Offenses
- Receiving Deposits in a Failing Financial Institution
- Fraud in Effecting Sales
- Unlawful Activity Concerning the Selling of Land
- Bait Advertising
- Money Laundering
- Commercial Bribery and Breach of Duty to Act Disinterestedly
- Concealment or Removal of Secured Property
- Issuance of a Bad Check
- Unauthorized Use of Financial Transaction Device
- Criminal Possession of a Forgery Device
- Equity Skimming of Real Property
- Equity Skimming of a Vehicle
- Identity Theft
- Criminal Possession of a Financial Device
- Criminal Possession of an Identification Device
- Gathering Identity Information by Deception
- Possession of Identity Theft Tools
White collar and fraud crimes can span a number of different fields. Different persons or organizations may be targeted, and different means may be utilized to carry out the intended offense. It is crucial to dispute these types of charges to avoid the penalties that can be faced if sentenced. Few can afford to face a conviction for a serious white collar of fraud crime, as such individuals may face a lengthy term of imprisonment, as well as fines, probation and other penalties. Oftentimes, individuals are ordered to pay large amounts of “restitution” to the alleged victims of such crimes; a reality that can financially devastate those so convicted.
If so charged, it is extremely important to have an experienced and knowledgeable white collar and fraud crimes defense attorney begin work on your case as early as possible. Critical issues, such as how your particular case will be filed and what charges may be brought against you, are dictated very early after suspicion of such an offense arises. Early intervention gives our criminal defense lawyer an opportunity to potentially reduce or avoid the charges against you before the first court date.
With skillful defense from a Denver white collar crime and fraud lawyer, you can aggressively defend your innocence or negotiate the best possible outcome for your case.
Being accused of a white collar or fraud crime can not only lead to a criminal conviction, but can also destroy one’s career and professional opportunities. If you have been accused of fraud, your reputation is at stake. Our Denver criminal defense attorney brings years of experience to your case, offering superior defense against such charges. Whether you are currently under investigation, or whether you have already been arrested for a white collar or fraud crime, contact our office today for a free legal consultation and evaluation of your case. Our office is conveniently located in Denver and we serve clients throughout Colorado.