April 27, 2017
Colorado Drug Crimes Attorney
Skilled Drug Crimes Attorney in Denver, Colorado
Nationwide, drug-related offenses account for one-third of all arrests. If you were arrested on a misdemeanor, felony or juvenile charge, you need the help of an experienced drug crimes defense lawyer with a proven record of success in these cases.
Our experienced drug crime defense lawyer has successfully defended clients charged with a wide range of drug crimes, including the following:
- Drug possession – including marijuana possession and paraphernalia, possession of cocaine, methamphetamines, crack, heroin, narcotics, and OxyContin or other oxycodone drugs without a prescription.
- Drug distribution or drug trafficking – including selling or distributing any of the drugs mentioned above, as well as conspiracy to distribute or sell drugs.
- Prescription fraud – sometimes referred to as illegal schemes and artifices as well as prosecutions. It involves phony prescriptions, forged prescriptions, and attempts to have legitimate prescriptions filled at numerous pharmacies.
- Drug manufacturing – including growing and cultivating marijuana and other drug crops, as well as manufacturing methamphetamines (also known as meth labs or meth houses)
How the crime is charged and punished depends on several factors, including the type and quantity of the drugs involved, whether the drugs were for personal use or for sale, and whether the defendant has a criminal record, especially prior drug convictions. These factors affect whether the drug offense will be charged as a misdemeanor or felony, whether jail or prison is required, the length of incarceration, fine amounts, enhancements and eligibility alternatives.
Some commonly charged drug crimes include:
- Drug Trafficking
- Unlawful Possession of a Controlled Substance
- Unlawful Use of a Controlled Substance
- Unlawful Distribution of a Controlled Substance
- Marijuana Crimes
- Synthetic Cannabinoids or Saliva Divinorum Possession
- Synthetic Cannabinoids or Saliva Divinorum Cultivation
- Methamphetamine Crimes
- Distribution of Materials to Manufacture Controlled Substances
- Imitation Controlled Substances
- Possession of Drug Paraphernalia
Our Denver criminal defense attorney offers sound legal advice and experienced, aggressive defense representation for clients charged with drug crimes of all kinds. We also help clients fight to keep or reclaim their property in forfeiture hearings. If you were arrested for a drug crime, our experienced criminal defense attorney will fight for you. To discuss your case in a free and completely confidential consultation, contact us immediately.
Being accused of a drug crime in Colorado can be confusing and overwhelming, but it is important to remember that you have the legal right to defend yourself against criminal charges. The chances of getting the charges against you reduced or dismissed greatly depend on the strength of your defense and the perseverance of your attorney. Drug crimes are prosecuted aggressively on both the state and federal level. Combating drug crime charges is not easy, but can be successful with the right Colorado criminal lawyer who has years of experience successfully handling cases like yours.
Our Denver criminal defense attorney is knowledgeable about the way that Colorado law addresses crimes pertaining to drugs and controlled substances and will do anything in our power to utilize the knowledge in a way that is beneficial to you. No matter whether you have been charged with importation, cultivation or prescription fraud, you will be able to trust in our ability and our desire to help you defend your best interests.
Drug crime charges can leave you facing harsh penalties that can affect the rest of your life. Depending on the seriousness of the charge, you may face jail or prison time, fines, restitution, mandatory drug rehab and forfeiture of your property. After a conviction, you can expect difficulties finding employment, housing and higher insurance rates. In order to mount a strong defense on your behalf, you need our affective legal team to being their defense strategy right away. You can be certain that the prosecution will be well prepared when presenting their case, so all possible steps must be taken to safeguard your rights.
Our experienced and knowledgeable Denver criminal defense attorney has been defending the rights of suspected drug offenders for many years. He has the skills and resources to effectively meet the prosecution head-on and is dedicated to protecting you against manipulative tactics, excessive penalties, and unjust charges. Contact our office today for a free initial consultation.