April 22, 2018
White Collar and Fraud: Forgery Attorney
Forgery is a serious criminal allegation, and a skilled, knowledgeable Denver forgery attorney is required to defend one so accused.
In certain circumstances, one may be charged with forgery if he or she, possessing the intent to defraud, falsely alters, completes, makes, or utters a “written instrument” which is or claims to be, or which is designed to become:
- Part of an issue of tokens, transfers, certificates, or other articles manufactured and designed for use in transportation fees upon public conveyances, or as symbols of value usable in place of money for the purchase of property or services available to the public for compensation; or
- Part of an issue of stock, bonds, or other instruments representing interests in or claims against a corporate or other organization or its property; or
- Part of an issue of lottery tickets; or
- A deed, will, codicil, contract, assignment, commercial instrument, promissory note, check, or other instrument which does or may evidence, create, transfer, terminate, or otherwise affect a legal right, interest, obligation, or status; or
- Part of an issue of money, stamps, securities, or other valuable instruments issued by a government or government agency; or
- A written instrument officially issued or created by a public office, public servant, or government agency; or
- A public record or an instrument filed or required by law to be filed or legally fileable in or with a public office or public servant; or
- A document-making implement that may be used or is used in the production of a false identification document or in the production of another document-making implement to produce false identification documents.
Forgery constitutes a class 5 felony.
When charged with forgery, a skilled Denver criminal defense attorney is essential. Contact our Denver criminal defense lawyer today to discuss your options.