August 4, 2020
Assault in the First Degree
Assault Attorney in Denver, Colorado
1st degree assault is a serious criminal allegation, requiring the defense of a Denver criminal defense attorney with skill and experience.
In certain circumstances, an individual may be charged with assault in the first degree if:
- With the intent to cause serious bodily injury, and by means of a deadly weapon, the accused causes serious bodily injury; or,
- With the intent to cause disfigurement or permanent disability, the accused does cause such disfigurement or permanent disability; or,
- While engaging in conduct creating a grave risk of death, the accused causes serious bodily injury to another; or,
- With intent to cause serious bodily injury, the accused threatens a peace officer or firefighter with a deadly weapon; or,
- With the intent to cause serious bodily injury, the accused threatens a judge or officer of the court with a deadly weapon.
1st degree assault may be a class 3 or 5 felony, depending on the circumstances of the case.
When charged with 1st degree assault, a Denver criminal defense attorney is essential. Contact our Denver criminal defense lawyer today to discuss your options.